Sunday, October 16, 2011

Monkey Madness

chimp sketch

chimp sketch

chimp sketch

chimp sketch

chimp sketch

chimp sketch

chimp sketch

Lately I've been drawing lots of monkeys for an ambitious personal project. There will be plenty of other animals involved, and in the end it should accumulate into one big painting. I'm paying extra attention to this guy however, the monkey jester, since he will be the central point of attention. Next week I'm off to the zoo while it's still open, and draw some real monkeys.

It's a challenging project for several reasons. First because of the amount of characters involved, it will require lots of studying and designing. Secondly I'll use oil as my medium of choice. And I want it to be pretty big, because I think the composition demands a descent sized canvas.

I will post my progress on every step along the way, and hope it will make for some interesting reading.
Next up some color concepts of the jester, wish me luck!

No comments: